Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MORE CREATURE SKETCHES!




Sorry for the lack of posts. It's been a crazy couple of months for me. I did these a couple months back but never posted them here. I love doing these kinds of creature sketches. I have fun playing with brushes, textures, shapes, and values. I just start painting without knowing exactly what I'll be coming up with and let the brushstrokes help me find the forms. I have so much fun doing these also because in my day job I'm always designing with a specific goal in mind, a certain direction. But with these I can design as I go. It's fun to come up with the design, function, and story of the creature as I go. Is it more majestic or evil, predatorial or passive, slow or fast, etc. It's designing on the fly. Of course if it were to be used for some actual story I'd go into a lot more detail and research into the design and nuances of the actual character. All of this is the fun in concept designing. More to come!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

New creature stuff really nice!kick ass:)
my blog:www.banhatin.blogspot.com
:)

Anonymous said...

How come they're not in color? :)
Stuff looks great! I like the multi legged lion, reminds me of something.

Eric Chiang said...

its about time! Great stuff andy. Please keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

love the new stuff Andy!!
you got to give me a demo sometime!
lets get lunch next time I drop by
take it easy man,
james

Andy Park said...

BANHATIN- thanks! I checked out your blog- great variety of styles! Awesome!

Scott- Thanks man! Just curious, reminds you of what? Oh, and sorry I couldn't meet up with you guys last week.

Eric Chiang- I know, I need to post more often. It's just so hard to find the time. No excuses! =>

James Paick- Thanks man! No problem, and yeah, come by again and let's do lunch. I wanted to hang with you guys last time, but had an appointment. I haven't been able to attend class as I've just been so busy. But I still plan on coming by.

wot said...

Awesome stuff! You never check your email anymore huh...haha.

Jung Park said...

haha finally update from
andy park!
nice stuff andy! really like those
creature sketches.
where's your baby pic?


-jung

Jeffrey Cheung said...

I love these especially the first one, he has such a powerful look, awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm always designing with a specific goal in mind, a certain direction. But with these I can design as I go. It's fun to come up with the Acai Berry design, function, and story of the creature as I go. Is it more majestic or evil, predatorial or passive, slow or fast, etc. It's designing on the fly. Of course Quick Weight Loss Tips if it were to be used for some actual story I'd go into a lot more detail and research into the design and Online Pharmacy Australia nuances of the actual character. All of this is the fun in concept designing. More to come!